Nans33

So, I'm not 33 yet, and there aren't 33 songs on this site yet either, but ever since "No33" appeared this number has been following me....Well,anyway, enjoy the site :-)

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Halfway there

I was halfway there and a bit scared
Coz nothing’s ever what you think
And when you use big words just to get heard
You forget you’re exaggerating
But the sun was shining there above the clouds
And the beauty of it distracted my mind
And a feeling so immense
Of the freedom that I’d have

And we’re halfway there
Coz we push hard
But we’re unsure of what to think
Coz our wishful state of mind
Looses focus when we blink
And what’s true of what they say
And what of it is just white lies
Coz it’s what you do when you feel obliged
To be polite and kind

Halfway there
And I’m scared

©Nan Espeseth 2002